Empower is seeking a Swift Ninja with 4+ years of mobile app development experience to join our growing team as we prepare to scale nationally.
Strong preference for candidates living in the DC metro area, or who are willing to relocate to DC. Candidates must have an exceptional work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a desire to be part of a team disrupting the status quo.
The person in this role will work directly and extensively with our Head of Mobile, Eduardo Perez. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for an iOS engineer, but working at Empower is incredibly demanding and being successful on our team requires that you really love what you do. Our standard work week is 50+ hours, and 60+ hour work weeks are not uncommon. Team members often spend 5-10 hours over the weekend working from home.
If you love building amazing software, want to work with a phenomenal team, have the confidence to be a part of a Company disrupting one of the largest companies in the world, currently have the freedom and flexibility to put the Company first, and meet the requirements below, then we’d love to chat.
• Experience working at a startup or at a similarly intense environment
• 4+ years of iOS mobile app development experience
• Experience building consumer facing mobile apps for iPhone
• Expertise in Swift
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect apps to backend
• Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles and best practices
• Strong understanding of iOS frameworks and hands on integration of 3rd Party API.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• 6+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience building two-sided online marketplace applications