Empower is seeking a Senior Back-End Engineer with at least 5 years of relevant experience to join our growing team as we prepare to scale nationally.
Strong preference for candidates living in the DC metro area or who are willing to relocate to DC. Candidate must have an exceptional work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a desire to be part of a team disrupting the status quo.
Working at Empower is incredibly demanding and being successful on our team requires that you really love what you do. Our standard work week is 50+ hours, and 60+ hour work weeks are not uncommon. Team members often spend 5-10 hours over the weekend working from home.
We work very hard, but if you love building amazing software, want to work with a phenomenal team, have the confidence to be a part of a Company disrupting one of the largest companies in the world, currently have the freedom, flexibility and desire to put your team and your Company first, and meet the reqirements below, then we’d love to chat.
• Experience at a startup or similarly intense environment
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Proficiency programming in C#, NodeJS, Python or Java
• Proficiency with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
• Experience building and consuming REST or RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of containerization using Docker, Kubernetes or Swarm
• Knowledge of cloud native architectural patterns
• Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
• Track record developing highly scalable, secure, production-grade backend services
• 7+ years of experience
• C# proficiency
• Experience with Azure Functions
• Experience with data analytics
• Experience developing geolocation based applications and services
• Proficiency with relational data stores such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience working on DevOps team, using Git, and automation for CI/CD
• Experience at a rideshare or on-demand delivery service or building two-sided online marketplace apps
• Knowledge of service monitoring with Prometheus or similar