Empower is seeking a Senior Android Mobile Engineer with 5+ years of relevant experience to join our growing team as we prepare to scale nationally.
Strong preference for candidates living in the DC metro area, or who are willing to relocate to DC; however exceptional remote candidates in the U.S. will be considered. Candidates must have an exceptional work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a desire to be part of a team disrupting the status quo.
Working at Empower is demanding and being successful on our team requires that you really love what you do. Standard work week for this position is 40-50 hours and 50+ hour work weeks are sometimes necessary to keep the product up to speed with the growth of the business.
We work hard, but if you love building amazing software, want to work with a phenomenal team, have the confidence to be a part of a Company disrupting one of the largest companies in the world and meet the reqirements below, then we’d love to chat.
• Experience working at a startup or at a similarly intense environment
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience building consumer facing mobile apps for Android
• Strong knowledge on Android SDK
• Proficiency with Java/Kotlin
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android apps to backend
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles and best practices
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Strong understanding of Android Frameworks and hands on integration of 3rd Party API.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• 7+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience building two-sided online marketplace applications
• Experience building B2C facing Android apps