Empower is seeking a Back-End Engineering Lead with at least 7 years of relevant experience to lead backend architecting and development efforts as we prepare to scale nationally.
Preference for candidates that live in the DC metro area, or who are willing to relocate. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered. Candidate must have an exceptional work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a desire to be part of a team disrupting the status quo.
Working at Empower is demanding and being successful on our team requires that you really love what you do. Our standard work week is 50 hours, and 60+ hour work weeks are not uncommon. Team members often spend 5-10 hours over the weekend working from home in order to keep the product up to speed with the growth of the business.
In short, we work very hard, but if you love building amazing software, want to work with a phenomenal team, have the confidence to be a part of a Company disrupting one of the largest companies in the world, currently have the freedom, flexibility and desire to prioritize your team and your Company, and meet the requirements below, then we’d love to chat.
• Experience at a startup or similarly intense environment
• 7+ years of relevant experience
• Proficiency programming in C#, NodeJS, Python or Java
• Proficiency with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
• Proficiency building and consuming REST or RESTful APIs
• Proficiency with containerization using Docker, Kubernetes or Swarm
• Proficiency with cloud native architectural patterns
• Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
• Track record developing highly scalable, secure, production-grade backend services
• C# Proficiency
• Experience with Azure Functions
• Experience with Data Analytics
• Experience developing geolocation based applications and services
• Proficiency with relational data stores such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience working on DevOps team, using Git, and automation for CI/CD
• Experience at a rideshare or on-demand delivery service or building two-sided online marketplace apps
• Knowledge of service monitoring with Prometheus or similar