Empower is seeking Mid-Level Backend Engineers with 2 – 4 years of relevant experience to join our growing team as we prepare to scale nationally.
Strong preference for candidates that live in the DC metro area, or who are willing to relocate; however exceptional remote candidates will be considered. Candidates must have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, an exceptional work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a desire to be part of a team disrupting the status quo.
Working at Empower is demanding and being successful on our team requires that you really love what you do. Standard work week for this position is 50+ hours, and 60+ hour work weeks are not uncommon. Team members often spend 5-10 hours over the weekend working from home in order to keep the product up to speed with the growth of the business.
In summary, we work very hard, but if you love building amazing software, want to work with a phenomenal team, have the confidence to be a part of a Company disrupting one of the largest companies in the world, currently have the freedom, flexibility and desire to prioritize your team and your Company, and meet the requirements below, then we’d love to chat.
• Bachelors or Masters in CS
• 2+ years of relevant experience
• Experience programming in C#, NodeJS, Python or Java
• Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
• Experience building and consuming REST or RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of containerization using Docker, Kubernetes or Swarm
• Knowledge of cloud native architectural patterns
• Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
• Experience developing highly scalable, secure, production-grade backend services
• Experience with C#
• Experience with Azure Functions
• Experience with Data Analytics
• Experience developing geolocation based applications and services
• Experience with relational data stores such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience working on DevOps team, using Git, and automation for CI/CD
• Knowledge of service monitoring with Prometheus or similar